Monday, October 26, 2009

homecoming

JEri had homecoming on Saturday night. It was her first date/first dance. She was so beautiful. I found a dark chocolate brown dress a few weeks back and bought that it fit her perfectly. We found a very cute headband on Etsy that complimented the dress perfectly and it took me 5 shops to find some footless nylons to go with her dress so she could wear some bronze beaded sandals with her dress....and while getting her ready all I could think of was meeting her the first time, she was 7 and how much she has grown and how fast the time has gone and how hard it is to let her go on her first date. I cried off and on until she left ...my heart wanted to leap after her but I let her date's mom take her away from me. She went to Michael's in Moses Lake for dinner and then on to the dance. When she came home at midnight she was floating and told me all about her dancing, what she ordered for dinner, and how everyone complimented her on how pretty she was...and tears swelled up again because it was true..she was absolutely beautiful.
Jeri's date was a nice boy that she met last summer during the church program and you know how freshman boys are right? The boy came to the door to pick up Jeri and she looked about 25 with her "sisters" and the make-up I had adorned her with and here comes this poor boy he looked about 12. But the sweetest guy around and very polite and thoughtful. He had brought chocolates for me and 2 different corsages for Jeri to choose from. Rob embarassed all of us...telling the boy not to piss him off?? what the heck? This boy is a dream come true for parents he was literally shaking from nerves and scared to death of Gracie the dog? Gracie is scared of everyone and runs with her tail between her legs if a strangers bends down to pet her? seriously. So anyway it was a success and I hope all future parents of her dates are this easy to work with and up to this type of standard.

SO another step towards my children growing up to fast and me trying to accept it.
but what a great night for Jeri ( and me).

No comments: