Thursday, February 19, 2009

Gracie Lou Freebone



HI,
It's been awhile I know......things have been crazy and I would like to say that it will all settle down...but i think we all know that I probably won't ever do that! So many things have happened since my last blog..My family took a trip to Disneyland, Christmas has come and gone..The Superbowl party that we hosted for the kids..and Valentines has just passed...it has been months. Shortly after our family vacation we added a new member to the family. Gracie. She is a Mastiff. We thought since we haven't had much luck with little dogs we would go for the biggest dog around. I wanted a English Mastiff for a long time I was just hoping it would be after (years down the road) Sadie or Brodie Passed on because having 3 dogs in the house is alot...but We came upon Grace and we couldn't let her go. We fell in love at first sight. She is brindle...I think brindle is ugly...I wanted a fawn mastiff..but once I saw Gracie I couldn't get her out of my mind. She is very Dark brindle and she looks very cute! She has a big blocky head and she is full of wrinkles..which just makes her look like the sweetest thing you have ever seen! I tried to convince Rob that we didn't need her and he wouldn't have it...he was convinced that she should be our dog. So do to the fact that we are both suckers we got GRACIE. I wanted a name that meant something because of her birth story...
And Rob wanted something silly ( like he always does) and so we decided on Grace Because Mastiffs are known for not being graceful so it is kind of an oxymoron and it also means something. When we were deciding on a name JEralyn put in the movie called MISS CONGENIALITY....and her ( the main character's) fake name was Gracie Lou Freebush. So we changed that up and bit and named our puppy Gracie Lou Freebone.
She is going to be around 175 pounds at full growth and she is only 40 now. We got her at 20 pounds and within 6 weeks she has grown to 40.
Gracie is very sweet, lazy most of the time, has to snuggle and love attention. SHe snores even when she is awake and she won't even let the big dogs push her around. Her and Clarissa battle it out because Clarissa is just the right size for Gracie to win and Clarissa is always trying to reason with Gracie , which doesn't always work. Gracie loves my slippers and Clarissa stuffed animals.
So here are a few pictures of Grace.

No comments: