Thursday, February 26, 2009

Little Things........

I am tired of school...I didn't think I ever would be..but I am! I tried to enroll for Microbiology..did not get in..so I will have an amazingly easy quarter for spring which is OK. I kind of need the time. I Will be taking all of my classes on-line. So I won't even have to get out of my pajamas if I don't want to! HA! BUt I am kind of excited for my Gender and power sociology class it is about WOMEN and Power!! I think I will LOVE that class. Anything with those two words in the name...yeah!

I came home today to my front yard bubbling up and making a gurgling sounds! UGH! Waiting for the city to come and fix it.

Gracie is getting huge..she weighs over 50 pounds now and she is as tall as Sadie (just not as round!)....GRacie definatly has a voice..if she doesn't get something she wants she lets everyone know..and if she is mad at us for telling her "no" she will whine and pout. It is so cute!

A few weeks ago I went to brush Clarissa's hair and she had "THE BUGS"...oh man ...lice..I couldn't believe it. I guess it was bound to happen at some point because we have so many kids at school. But she was the only one who had it thank GOD and we sprayed everything, shampooed the carperts, got rid of her mattress and washed everything is sight..plus put all of her toys in bags on the deck for a week.

Clarissa is very self conscious about "The Bugs" now and insists on someone checking her everyday. She was so mortified by the prospect....and of course the boys are teasing her. I told Rob to quit teasing her because I am asked to check her head about 5 times a day now and it is hard on her. Well yesterday he told her that he thinks he has the bugs..so she said:
" come here , Daddy"
he said " you want me to follow you?"
She said "yes"
So she takes him to the bathroom tells him to sit down on the toilet( lid down of course) and so he sits down. SHe tells him to bend his head down and she starts inspecting. HAHAHAHa! Apparently she is an expert now..she knows right where to look and obviosly I have done this to her so many times..she has the routine down pat! I took a picture but Rob insists I can't scrap it or blog it...although it is very cute, and somewhat of a weird nature ("the Bugs"), I will probably scrap it years down the road when "The bugs" are nearly a memory and no one feels the pain of them anymore..we are all just a little freaked out by them still..just the mere mention of "lice" or " The bugs" and we all start twitching a little and scratching all over! (like I am now)


Well I hope you all have a great day!

3 comments:

Heather said...

She is 1/2 pikanese (sp), they dont know what dad is, but she is so sweet!!

Anonymous said...

Just a couple tricks to keep lice away. They like clean hair, so if she washes every other day or you use leave in conditioner, it will deter them. And lice hate Tea Tree oil, so try the shampoo Paul Mitchell makes. :) This is my plan for when the kids start school!

Brianna

Charisma said...

yeah..we started washing every other day--I heard they don't like any products really--so I have been putting leave in conditioner in and also using hair spray!
It gives me the heebie jeebies thinking about it--but I am thankful we caught it before everyone got it!
WE get notices a coupel times a year saying it is going around..but we have not ever gotten it before..but she is the youngest..so probably not as aware.