Saturday, April 17, 2010

Math Competition.

I am so proud! Yesterday...My Son Preston was involved in a math team competition state wide and he had to start in the morning...for the singles tests and everything..we made it for the team rounds.

They first start the awards ceremony with a t-shirt for the highest ranking kid in each individual school....Preston won at his school...then they hand out awards for the top 10 ranked single kids in the competition..Preston placed third out of everyone! HURRAY! However, then they started handing out team awards...Preston's team didn't place...DARN!

I am thankful for so many reasons.....

1. That I can provide an environment for my children where not only they can recognize their talents but also that they can relish and shine in them..I didn't come from a place like that and I am so thankful GOD has provided me that....so I can be a great Mom.

2. I am thankful that I traded Landon weekends so that he would make it to the competition..although I like to take credit for all the good things and be there for my children...I know it was important to Preston..I just hope that they are making this whole weekend a big celebration for him..because as a MOM that is what I would do...and frankly he deserves it!

3. I am thankful to Landon and Rob that I am able to have this opportunity with my children..and they make it possible for me to be a mom...I also give Landon a bit of credit for Preston's math gene..cuz he didn't get it from me.....Maybe if I have to take any other math in college..PReston could be my tutor? LOL

4.I am thankful that all of my kids could be at the competition and they all cheered their brother on..despite the fact that they fight sometimes..and they point out eachother's weakness' on a daily basis..they really all do love eachother and they could not have been more proud of him! I have really GREAT kids!

God has blessed me in my life....regardless of whether Preston won a math contest or not..it is all of the little things I may take for granted that I am most thankful for....and without the little things there could never be the big things..LIfe is good!

No comments: