Sunday, August 22, 2010

One day until school..........

for me anyway.....the kids start Thursday. SO now it is back to routine time and making them go to bed early and getting organized?? HMMMM
I am nervous about school as I always get the first week or so..but I know I will get back into the groove of things and I will love it as always. I love school becuase it is challenging (most of the time) and it also gives me a sense of accomplishment which is a feeling I really love...I think I will probably be one of those life time students..not fulltime of course but one of those that will always want to take a class here and there for a refresher. For so many years I told myself I was to stupid or that I could not do it and now after a couple of years and a degree later...here we are? Funny how things turn out.
IT is also a funny twist of fate that happens.....as soon as i decide that I need to be practical and that I need to focus on a grown up job....my passion has been handed to me on a plate..ART. I am expecting a Long arm quilting machine to arrive at my house this week and I will be doing some commission work which is exciting and teh beauty of it is that I don't have to advertise for customers....so trying to balance those thinsg I think is going to be difficult...but isn't that a good difficult?
We went school supply shopping on Thursday night...225$ later and we didn't even buy back packs! School clothes shopping came Friday...a trip to Wenatchee was in order...it was CRAZINESS! There is no way to keep track of all these kids and as soon as the boys find their stuff (which doesn't take long) they are ready to go and Jeri has barely looked...so What does Rob do? Wrestle with them..egg them on and it gets worse....OH MY!
We went to dinner at Wendy's...what a great place..SHout out to Wendy's in Wenatchee WA..they played CHISTian music in the lobby/restauraunt! WOOWOOO! NOt only do they have the best CHILI ever...but they had great service..it is hard when my family walks into a place to get all the orders correct ...which they did...but they also came out to our table refilled our drinks ..they treated us very well....nice place to go!( I am going to send them a thank you note!)
We have school open houses the next couple of days...and we will be gearing towards fall...fun..fun...fun! I hope you all have a great week!

No comments: