Monday, August 9, 2010

Seattle.

Every year my Brother buys us tickets to go to Wild Waves. I know that is not cheap! There is 8 in my family! So we make the trip...that is kind of our Christmas together...lots and lots of special time together..having fun. Seattle weather is unpredictable...or maybe predictable if you count on rain? YEP! it rained Saturday...but Seattle is prepared for that...so all the water rides had heated water and there were three hot tubs...yes I said 3! SO a little rain didn't stop us from FUN! We had a great time.....then had dinner at FAT BURGER! Sounds funny ..but I think they have fabulous burgers there and you special order all of them...and you can get FAT fries..yeah! We decided to stay at Robert's hotel..he got us a great discount..it was in downtown Seattle....blocks away from the Space Needle.
We were originally planning on going to Alki beach for Sunday...but walking around Saturday night we saw the Science Fiction museum...you all know my husband right? Carl and he sort of started drooling and got glazed over eyes.....we decided we should do that fist thing in the morning.....which turned into skipping the beach...buying City Passes and making a day of tourist activities...we went up the space needle twice....did a harbour cruise...pacific science center....Music experience at Sci-fi museum..and the sci-fi experience (of course)...hit the aquarium..fit in two meals...Ye Old Curiosity shoppe ...We didn't get home until Midnight......but can you imagine doing his in a group of 10...6 of them kids? My kids are troopers and the best travelers...not one problem! They are experienced....
I have to say I am a bit disappointed though because we have done all of these activities before and half of them didn't remember them....I have pictures of them..because I have scrapbooked them several times doing this same trip...but it makes me think ...Why do anything with them if they never remember? It's oK ..they will see the photos.
I love spending time with my brother ..he makes me laugh..he is good with my kids...and he understands where I come from..afterall we come from the same place...We also ate dinner at the Spaghetti factory...MY BIL paid for that...I felt kind of bad..alot of money and we didn't have a great experience there.....kind of disappointing. So If you are in D-town Seattle avoid that restaurant.
I felt bad for splurging in the moment for all of this extravagance....but in the end it is all about the experiences we have with our families.....and pretty soon it is all going to be over..school starts for all of us in just a few short weeks and we won't be able to take this sort of time...Tomorrow is my birthday..I will be 33..unbelievable. My friend Carla came with us over the weekend..she is a JEM....I just LOVE her. She spoiled me today before she left..she bought me two seasons of the "Golden Girls" DVDs...my favorite show of all time...she bought me two shirts..a memory card for my camera...took me to lunch and a movie..How fabulous is that? THANK YOU GIRLY FRIEND!
More experiences....
I just want to cry because I didn't want this time with anyone to end..but how GREAT Was this birthday? I had all of my family together...a special friend and my lovely brother?
I think this will be a great year...LOTS of BLESSINGS to come and I am ready for the ride....I hope you all fine fulfillment and blessings.

No comments: