Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Our Puppies have arrived!

HI All,
Well I came home from girls weekend in Tri-cities to a stressed out dog. I knew she was going to have her puppies on SUnday night. Melissa came over and stayed for awhile to see if she would go into active labor ...Melissa left around 10 and told me to call her when the babies arrived---I told her OK--I will call you at 3 o'clock in the morning......am I a psychic??...HEr first baby arrived at 3am. I called Melissa at 3:33 am. SHe had them in my bed...so Rob and I woke up when the first one was born...with all of the places we tried to get her to nest...she felt most comfy in our bed...oh well what is a ruined pair of sheets when we got to experience such a blessed event? After the first baby....she struggled with the second baby and he didn't make it--she was trying her hardest to make it live and so was I ...I was an emotional wreck....after that one she gave birth to the last 2 in my lap....I have a ruined pair of socks and sweat pants. IT was all worth it. We have 3 beautiful puppies and she is a really good mommy. We have given the puppies names until they are adopted.....I named the chubby one...Choncho--that is the chubby orphan from the movie.."Nacho Libre" and Clarissa named the littlest one who is also the only girl Tiarra ( who knows where she got that, I have never heard of it)...the debate is still out on the last one. We woke up the kids to watch the births of the last 2 babies .....Clarissa and Jeri loved it...Carl didn't want to see. HAha. So my first day of school I was so tired living off of 4 hours of sleep b/c I stayed up with her all night helping Chichi with her babies ...I was far to excited to sleep. I took pictures during the birthing process...but I will post the pictures when the puppies open their eyes. I took 25 credits this quarter ...which is just craziness for me...I hope I can keep up! A normal load is 12 credits....I think that I will appreciate that load when, I actually get into the nursing program.
I am taking a philosophy class....week 2 and I am already struggling...so if anyone is a philosophy buff and wants to help me.....I would appreciate it! This class is going to lower my GPA...how depressing!
Other than that...on the home front--the 3 boys are gone ..they come home on Thursday. We have someone coming to install new windows on our house...and when they install them they are going to frame them in vinyl siding...we are locked into whatever color they frame them in...well I hate the rust orange trim that we have...so I have to change the color or be locked in forever...so we are painting our trim. We are also having a new fence put in our back yard.....I hope to get all of this done soon...they said the windows would be done within 30 working days and of course the fencing company hasn't locked into a time yet...UGH!
Anyway...there is our update...I hope you all are having a great spring break! Mine was last week.

No comments: