Thursday, February 4, 2010

Clarissa on the long arm.



I was in training for most of the day today learning how to use our new computer system that is hooked to the long arm machine at work. So a rep from the company had come to teach us and while on break I realized there was no one to get Clarissa from school so I went up to the school....Preston is on the Math team and just to brag about him he is also in the "highly capable student" group at school which means that he is really advanced for his age...he is basically working at a seventh grade level in alot of subjects..in math right now he and Bryce are studying the same things...(the oldest and youngest boy)Anyway..because Preston stays later at school Clarissa is not supposed to walk home from school alone and Cole forgot to go get her....anyway...she ended up walking home by herself...scared me to death...cause I couldn't find her and while taking the route she walks home I called the house and she answered the phone...." HI Mom"
I was relieved that she was home safe...but also wondering what happened on the way home..she said that the neighbor that walks by our house alot stopped to say hi to her...so we had the stranger danger talk and I happen to know that guy....so I was not worried about him but we have another neighbor I wouldn't want any where near close to her...and I mentioned that to her she said " yeah, I know Mom, I remember you told the boys not to go there to sell candy last time" THank YOu JEsus! I have a child that actually listens and remembers things! That was over a year ago and CLarissa trusts me enough to know to listen to me.....there is one other girl in this house that never listens to me.
Anyway, I took CLarissa to work with me and started working on the quilt machine...then I heard one going in the next room....Brianna was teaching Clarissa how to use the long arm...I am so impressed with her little designs she was doing hearts and stars and getting the feel for the machine.

3 comments:

Courtneyscrapper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Courtneyscrapper said...

How Cute! Did you make her apron? Its adorable!!

Charisma said...

HI Courtney,
I picked out the material and paid Melissa to do it because that was back when I didn't have time to make things...so she made clarrisa and I matching aprons...I have three done in the same pattern but different materials....just talk to Melissa she will make you one too! *wink*