Friday, November 2, 2007

A few days after Halloween......

>





HI All,

I just thought I would let you all know how Halloween was for our family.......

I am really struggling with Halloween, the older my kids get the more we fight about this holiday, they want to be creatures that I don't approve of and they are really wanting to get really expensive costumes , which I can't afford ! SO anyway-This year after much debating and upset faces, I got off relatively cheap..and the costumes are as follows:

JEralyn: Vampire ( I hated this costume--I hate all vampire movies and it was this or some cstume that had a slit clear up to her thigh --I was tired of fighting!)

Bryce: Gangster . I had to have the talk with BRyce about how we don't condone gang behavior in anyway and that this costume is just for fun. ( I don't want to glamorize this is any way !)

Carl: bought a scream costume-- however he did not get all of his homework turned in--so no celebrating for him. ( I did not buy this costume--so I was not part os the decision process.)
COle: Skeleton, however Carl let him wear his costume because he could not.
PReston: Ninja ( although , not what I would have chosen, it was better than some of the others and his costume only cost me 2$)
Clarissa: Ariel, The little Mermaid. This of course was my favorite costume.
I didn't really like any of the cotumes my kids chose.




Clarissa's costume was my favorite , however I had to give BRyce special recognition because he came up with his costume on his own and it really turned out well, and we got all of his costume from the dollar store and he borrowed clothing from Quinn and our neighbor. ( the picture does not showcase his * BLING* *BLING* well or his * GRILL* )

SO AFter school the kids came home and we went trick or treating from 4:30-6:30 downtown, I love that they do it at that time, because I was able to come home make dinner for the kids, they could do their homework and take their showers and still get to bed on time! wooooohooo!

I have to share a funny little story about my kids, I am the parent who does not buy them candy very often, and for their snack after school we always have a fruit bowl. My kids LOVE candy, so they are trying to get every last bit that they can. I didn't buy any candy for Trick or treaters for our house because, we hardly ever hear the door bell ring on Halloween, so as we are eating dinner it rings and of course, Trick OR Treaters--my oldest SOn ( who shall remain nameless!) says" Sorry we don't have any CANDY!" and slams the door! That was after they just got done saying how much CANDY we have from downtown! I was so mad! I said "Hey, that was so RUDE! YOu have a TON of candy right here!" and the oldest child who shall remain nameless says" BUt that is our CANDY!" SO I say " and you can't share a few pieces?"
SO COLE my good son! Runs after them with a huge handful and puts it in their bags! SHEESH! My kids are STINGY!

SO anyway--all in all it was a good Halloween and we made it thru .This year was especially good for Clarissa, she was not so shy because she knew what she was getting! I think she sprung out of bed that day and she kept telling everyone " HAPPY HALLOWEEN! SHe was especially upset that her Daddy wasn't going to be here , she called him to wish him happy Halloween also.

SO I hope everyone had a great day!

1 comment:

Donna Hodgson said...

I don't blame them for not wanting to share their candy. They are freezing without an heat on in your house, so they need the sugar in the candy to heat their little bodies.....!