Tuesday, January 15, 2008

bits and pieces

HI everyone,
Well things have been going along here.......I started college, things have really changed since I was in school 12 years ago! I am taking an english class with a teacher who is 63 doesn't believe in using all of the "technology" so his class is most like my classes in high school, all of our essays have to be hand written and he does alot of talking! My psychology class is exactly the opposite, everything we need is on the portal. We have to send all of our assignements thru email and type everything out. I think I am learning alot in that class, as far as, how most classes work. Math is math--I work problems from a book, math is kind of never changing. hahaha. I struggled the first week with trying to figure everything out and finding my resources. This week I am managing a bit better.

The kids are all doing well, Jeri is still working at bringing up her science grade and she started Saturday school. Jeri is upset that I am making her walk to Saturday school.....I don't feel like the rest of us should have to get up and around just because she isn't doing her work at school.The kids all got in trouble this last weekend , not doing their chores and just being disrespectful so I didn't give them breakfast or lunch and that seemed to get some results---they started cleaning their rooms and picking up their stuff.
Rob left today he has been here the last 2 days. HE got a call from jason yesterday saying that one of the jobs that Rob applied for here, called him for a reference, so it looks like we may be getting a call soon, and Rob will have a job here. It will make me feel better in the fact that our family will be together again and I can start putting everything back together again, but then I will be sad because it means I am still 2 hours from home. Well at least I won't have to say good-bye to any of my friends!
.

1 comment:

Donna Hodgson said...

2 hours from home? You ARE home dearie. I don't want to say good buy either! Later...