Saturday, January 5, 2008

Ice skating










HI Everyone,

YEsterday I was sitting here thinking of all of the things I "need" to do before the weekend is over because after school starts who knows what kind of time I will have for housework. My house is a wreck! I have not given it a good cleaning in quite some time and my kids have destroyed anything that I have had time to clean. SO .... then I decided I didn't really want to spend my last free weekend thinking about all of my pending responsibilities.....SO we went to Moses lake and went Ice Skating...we had such a good time! I didn't realize that was actually a recreation center, next to the Ice Rink they had a building that had indoor batting cages that you could pay to play, but then they had all of these other activities for the kids that didn't cost anything....so they played pool, foosball, air hockey, ping-pong all for FREE! HOw exciting is that? Ice skating is free from noon-9 oclock , but skate rental is $4.00. SO I put an add on freecycle to see if I can get any old skates so next time we go maybe it won't cost me as much . When I first took Clarissa out it was kind of hard bending over and keeping myself upright, while trying to help her, and then the boys would help me take her out to give me a rest..well then we discovered these little walker type things that they give to little kids just learning to skate and she took that thing and she was off like a ROCKET! I could not get her off of the ice, she kept telling me how " SHe just WUVED ice skating!" I think since she was able to go just as fast as everyone else it gave her just that extra bit of confidence that she needed.






JEri had a rough time skating also....she got a walker for big kids.......she was more concerned about the snack bar and after I found out she consumed 3 monsters ( energy drinks...that I might add don't give her any energy) and ate as much candy and icream as a football team ...I figured we should talk about this...those things are so UNHEALTHY...and she should not be wasting all of her money on that "stuff"...I don't think she will ever get it...but at least I can't say I didn't try. I wish people would quit feeding into her addictions. ( by giving her money and everything else...that she wastes on this stuff!)



We took the boys' friend Nick with us and he is always such a nice/funny kid to be around, HE would just make all of us laugh the whole way to the park and Clarissa just boils over with laughter at anything he says. Well during our time skating there was a group of teenage girls skating and one of them was going out on to the rink about the time the boys were coming around and someone in the group says" Hey , watch out for those little kids!" Nick swings around and says" For your information, We are MEN!" and then skates off! HAHAHAHA ...we all got a big kick out of that...at age 11 these boys think they are MEN....they have a long road ahead of them ..but it just gives me a glimpse as to all of the things I will miss when they are gone.




Of course Carl decided he was going to try the batting cages because he had his own money, while I was on the ice with CLarissa one of the attendants came out with Carl and said that Carl had got hit in the hand with the ball in the cages, I would have seen this coming a mile away, of course , Carl is crying making a big scene, Ice pack in hand covering his other hand, so I asked him " Are you OK" he says " NO" , I said " Are you going to live?" he says " NO", then he says "I can't move it" SO I looked at it, grabbed it , It moved and then I said " Well take a rest and sit here , I will be back in a bit" By the time I got back he was in the rec center playing pool and whatever other games they were playing, he thinks he sprained it , because it is hurting, but it hasn't swelled or anything, so I guess he got the attention he needed at the time and everything is fine now.

2 comments:

Donna Hodgson said...

How COOL!!! Neat idea with those walkers, too! Must have been invented by a tall mother with a short daughter, huh??? :)

Glad you had so much fun and thanks for posting all the pics. I loved seeing them.

Gladden Family said...

I agree with Donna, I too love seeing the pics. Im also glad your posting on here again, because I dont get to chat with you as often anymore....good luck on your 1st day of school!!