Thursday, February 21, 2008

LOw Cals

HI All,
I have to say I reached a milestone! I have lost 20 pounds since JAN. I am a big fan of that show....THE BIGGEST LOSER...well I haven't been paying much attention to commercials, well on Tuesday I saw the Zip and steam bags from ZIPLOC. I decided to buy some, I tried them last night......YUMMY! I bought some low fat( hormone free) chicken breasts and I bought a TON of veggies( green pepper, red peppers, broccoli, mushrooms, zuchini, yellow squash, carrots, onions and asparagus) I cut them up and put them in a big bowl. Then I just took my chicken breast, a few handfuls of veggies, sprinkled some lemmon pepper over it all , zapped it it the microwave for a couple minutes, and like MAGIC....I had a huge plate of food with less than 300 cals! SO I will keep my big bowl of veggies for the rest of the week. I am also marinating some chicken, to try some different flavors. These bags make it so easy to make myself a plate of food , and that way I can make my family a higher calorie meal, that may not be good for me to eat.
I will also share some other things I have been eating.......SKINNY COWS! I keep a hearty stock of these delicious treats on hand. NOt so much the sandwiches, but the cones....YUMMY! They are 150 cals compared to a nutty buddy that is 360...and I save enough cals to allow myself to have one every day( Safeway is the only place in town that sells the cones). I have also picked up these Morning Star breakfast bites.....they are 180 cals for 3 good sized bites , they look like chicken nuggets but they have eggs, veggie sausage and a few veggies in them---Very good. I also bought a bunch of ground turkey and turkey burgers, I thought it would be hard to switch from regular ground beef---I don't notice much of a difference, so slowly but surely I will be elliminating the red meat intake in my house hold. I will buy steak every now and then or my Husband would go CRAZY, and stew meat,that sort of a thing......BUt I figure why not cut where we can, right?
I also read this article on how to cut cals, so your family doesn't notice as much--and one of the tricks was to put double the amount of veggies in your casseroles and such, if you put extra veggies you can cut the pasta in half or the rice ( whatever the starch may be) , I have done this with my kids, I hear no complaints.These things have been working for us. I don't really have kids with weight problems, However, I don't ever want them to have this struggle. The hardest person to train in my house is Rob...that guy is a heart attack waiting to happen, between all of the sausage,beefsticks, and cola, that guy doesn't eat healthy at all.
HE was blessed with good genes.....I hope Clarissa gets those!
Well those are my tricks for weight loss so far, I really need to start working out and walking again, I think I will be more motivated when the weather warms up. PLus I think Brody will be coming home soon, so we will need to get him out and running, otherwise he goes CRazy being in our tiny yard.
Well I hope you all have a great day! Pray for me, I have an in class essay today and I really need to get an A on it---I am hoping to pull an A in english.....but the way the class works....I don't know that I can...today's essay will be the clencher.

1 comment:

Gladden Family said...

Way to go Charisma! I wish I could like veggies. You might have inspired me to try those zip and steam bags though...maybe I will try veggies again????