Monday, May 3, 2010

Happenings and things...

Well this was a good week and on Friday we celebrated Preston's 10th birthday I can't believe he is 10. YIKES! Rob picked up party kids at school and they came home for a snack. HE had pre-arranged a treasure hunt. They went all around the neighborhood (I was at work) and found clues to lead them to the next clue....one of the stops was the corner store..The clue read something like: This is where one goes for a refreshing drink after a long walk. Preston and Clarissa immediatly think.."oh the corner store" Because Rob often takes them there...Preston's friends thought it was the bar down the hill....I wonder what their parents do when they need a refresher..LOL. Rob got a tatse fo what it is like to deal with kids that are not our own....HE had to tell them not to take water bottles left on the side of the road and absolutley not drink them...not to eat discarded candy left on the street and ..then he had to coach them on how to behave in the store. What is really hilarious though is that Clarissa is younger than all of thoe boys...and she was disgusted at their lack of knowledge.....she was upset because they didn't understand some of the clues..and thought they were barbaric....Her and Preston knew all of them but Preston could be swayed by his friends and Clarissa was disgusted just telling me the story. HAHA!

Preston finished with a sleepover...I don't know why we call them sleepovers..no one gets any sleep. I had to go to work on Saturday as well..so Rob got to deal with all of that..hehe.

Sunday the boys went out to Cindi's house. I am so grateful that this family has taken an interest in my family and the boys. The boys go out there to "work" and they eat like crazy and have a ton of fun...they already feel so comfortable and safe with them ..it warms my heart. Cindi has a 16 year old son..who is the baby of their family and my boys look up to him and want to be near him...and he loves having someone look up to him.... Even when Jared came to get them he said "HEy, Where's my kids?" So sweet! SO we went there for a BBQ last night and felt right at home....what a great day!

Cole is having surgery this week...if you could all keep him in your prayers! It is a 5 hour procedure on his hand..nothing major but he is going to be under...and I hate having to do that with my kids....he wants to get it done before the pool opens and before football starts...he wants everything healed before the fun begins..and I don't blame him.




Things to remember:

My babies are not babies anymore.

Clarissa is just way to smart for her own good!

There is only 6 more weeks of school. (Jeri will be a sophmore...she has told me this three times this week alone)

Life is good!

Love is even better!

I need to update this more!

No comments: