Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

First of all I would like to thank all of the veterans and soldiers that are currently serving our country without all of you I would not have the life that I have and I am greatful!

Well Mary and Carla came to spend the weekend with us at Rimrock Meadows. The Ponozzos and Whites invited us....and it has become a tradition the last few years and it is relaxing and fun there because the kids are entertained and they have all of the facilities plus an dindustrial kitchen so we can have real meals and not cook over a camp fire which is always nice.

The kids swam, ate,and did sword fighting... they were exhausted! It is nice to be with a bunch of families that are like mine and hear about how they handle different things with their kids and learn.
We are actually in week two of our finance plan with the kids. I printed out check registers for all kids. I have never paid my kids allowances because I feel like we do alot of fun thinsg with our kids and if they realized how much money everything was they would get it..well since they don't manage money I am teaching them. They each get ten dollars a week...We take them shopping every thursday night and with that ten dollars they have to pay for all toiletries, laundry soap and after school snacks. They can budget however they want and buy whatever they want but this money will also include their entertainment fund......meaning I don't have to take them to the movies every month or whatever...and I get to pick and choose which things I want to pay for. They also get penalized if they don't complete chores and if they stay in the shower to long ect. SOme of them are managing their money well and others aren't but it is a learning experience and hopefully they will get it...eventually. Right now ..they think they are rich and all is fine and good until they want to go to a movie and they realize how much movie..soda and popcorn will cost them...hahahah!

We just found out this morning that Bryce's BFF is coming back home to stay and Bryce is over the moon happy about it but he is cranky becuase he is tired and I wish school were in today.LOL

Work is going well and I am trying to get through some spanish homework it is my last lesson before my final test and I will be happy just to have it done.....I HATE spanish and I am ready to have summer here so I can focus on other things. FAll will be here before I know it and much as I am excited to start at WSU I want the break.

Well I hoep you are having a blessed long weekend..have a great week!

No comments: