Thursday, October 18, 2007

October 18th

Hi all,
Well it is starting to get cold outside...last night was the first night I actually started to feel as if the weather was changing. I love the fall..it is my most favorite season of the year. I love all of the warm colors , the changing of the leaves and apples. I love apples and apple cider, apple dumplings, Apple pie and apple crisp! Yummy! I can smell the sweet smell along with cinnamon. I don't think that I could live in a better place for apples, we are so close the Apple capital of the world! ( at least that is what the sign says) It has been a few years since I went overboard with the whole apple process and my kids are still sick of applesauce, but I love the whole apple season.
LAst night we went to football practice and no coach showed up and normally I might be upset because, I drove 20 miles there for no reason, However, the hand of fate, this man pulled up behind me out of nowhere, ( I am not sure where he came from b/c I was parked out of the way) anyway he told me I had a flat tire. SO I panicked at first, then I called LEs Schwab and they sent a guy out to help me, he filled the tire and told me the air was coming out so fast , he was going to follow me to the store. AT this point I am worried about how I am going to pay these guys b/c I am out of checks and payday is on Friday. So we made it to the store and after about 30 minutes one of the guys come in to tell me that, he has been working on my tire and he can't get it off b/c the bolts are so damaged and worn. so he said he didn't know what to do, my tire wasn't salvagable. He went back out, a few minutes later he came back in and told me another guy got the tire off . I asked him if he could just put my spare on and I would deal with things later.( I have a real spare not a temp.) SO Les Schwab didn't charge me anything. Thank you LEs! Anyhow, the thing is....I am taking all of my kids to Spokane next Wednesday and if it took the guys at LS 40 minutes to get my tire off , there is no way me or Joe Blow off of the street could have gotten my tire off if I got a flat on the side of the road! So I am thankful that I went to Quincy last night and got that issue taken care of in a small town rather than having to be stranded on the side of the HWY with 6 kids! Thank YOu JEsus!
I think sometimes we just need to appreciate the little things and that is a fine example of seeing the good in an everyday situation.
I am realizing there are many reasons why my house isn't selling, I need to learn patience and I need to trust and if the good Lord is going to protect me from being stranded on the side of the road he is going to protect me from other unseen things! Sometimes it is easy to lose sight of that! Anyway--I hope you guys are having a great day and you can see something GREAT the Lord has done for you today!

1 comment:

Donna Hodgson said...

Come on Charisma...it was a coincidence and nothing more!!!! :)

You're so mature...I want to be like you when I grow up. Jesus does care about you and your family very much. He's watching!!

Oh, and you should see the clock book. There are literally scrapbook pages that you can make into a clock. So, yes, put your pics on fabric and get to ticking!!!