Sunday, March 23, 2008

HAppy Easter!

HAppy Easter to everyone!
We had our annual flashlight egg hunt and potluck on Sautrday night. We had a great turnout ...about 50 people came to celebrate JEsus with us! Teh itenerary for our Saturday night is as follows:
1. lots of food! we eat.
2. play!play!play! the kids all play...adn we do an easter craft...this year it was suncatchers.
3. We read the story of Jesus' death and resurrection.
4. the kids are all armed with flashlights and they head into the dark to hunt for their eggs. There is always SILVER eggs to find for extra prizes.
I love this event...it is god inspired and yet the kids all look forward to our big event. I had to come up with something to do with our children for this holiday since we moved to Ephrata, because we don't have family adn to go into town for one day is so much work...and Easter has become my favorite holiday because of all the fun that we have on this day.
SO today I started my philosophy homework and we moved all of my sewing and scrapping stuff out of the bedroom so we can start decorating it for the boys...Rob is putting up all of their new beds..and we are cleaning everything out. This is so much work! I wanted to have someone come and scrape all of my popcorn ceilings...but I figure after I get everything in place...I am not sure I want to go thru the hassle of moving everything out again...UGH!
Anyway, I hope everyone has a happy Easter!

No comments: