Tuesday, March 4, 2008

HAppy Tuesday!

HI Everyone,
Well yesterday was an eventful day---I Got home from school and completly forgot Jeri had a counseling appt ( so we got there 30 minutes late). We are trying a new counselor because we weren't getting anywhere with the other one, so we quit her last year. JEri has been failing out of school and I got a call from school yesterday for a behavioral problem she has been having in science. GREAT! Anyway, this new counselor is filling me with a ton of HOPE and if he does what he says, I think he will really help us. JEri said she felt comfortable with him and that she would like to see him again. The counselor said that he would like to do some home visits ( and work with the whole family) and also some school visits, speak with her, meet with her teachers that sort of a thing. I feel so overwhelmed with gratitude, because you would be amazed at how many "counselors" have told us they can't help us. BRyce is being set up with his partner (the counselor's) because Bryce's issues are completely separate and I think the 2 counselors will coordinate home visits and such. Bryce is going to work out some of his anger issues and figure out how we can all live together in harmony and also help Rob and I manage the care of all 6 children instead of focusing on JEri and BRyce all of the time. I am soooooo excited too, because this counselor WAS a gamer....He played the same Game Rob and his friends did...which is WOW. Anyway, HE became addicted and is trying to write a book about gaming addiction, he knows exactly where Rob is coming from and he said he will work with Rob on figuring out how to come back and get involved with his family, and deal with finding his way around gaming. SO he is going to work with Rob on some of his issues.....IS that GOd or what? I feel so thankful! Finally someone who understands!
Anyhow--that is my exciting news for the week!
I will keep everyone postd on our progress and hopefully you all have a good week!

No comments: