Saturday, April 4, 2009

Vegas Part 2






We arrive in Vegas and we decide not to waste a day (or night since we got there so late) we get our outfits on and walk through all of the hotels surrounding us and decide to make our plans for the following day. We kind of get out our compasses out and look around to see what is around us. We decide to get our passes...
We bought these passes called the Explorer pass. Seemed like a great idea..because it included The grand canyon tour, 2 extra shows or attractions and discounts on other things. We decide for our extra features we would go to the Bodies exhibit and the dolphin habitat.
ON Tuesday we went to the dolphin habitat after picking up our passes at one location ...which seemed weird because the girl at the counter seemed to not know what the explorer pass was??? hmm..that was weird.

Then when we got our card..they had little microchips on them..we walked to the Dolphin habitat..went up to the booth...the lady behind the booth said that these passes have been nothing but problems and we would have to walk back to the location of the pass (where we picked them up and get tickets)..later we found out it did say that in fine print--but it would have been nice if the original lady had told us that..but all in all it worked out because they let us in the dolphin habitat anyway because we were not the first ones to have problems.
The Dolphin family had just had a baby four months ago it was so cute..and the tigers had a little 2 month old cub..that was so darling. I didn't bring my camera--but the girls are supposed to email me the pics at some point.

More on the pass....We decide to get our tickets for the Bodies exhibit--we go to the original counter.....the same gal is there. she can't find any tickets...so she says she will try to find another location that has them.....
Then she comes back to tell us that they no longer offer that feature?? that was weird. So we decide to get tickets for the variety show.
I call the 800 # for the pass to complain about the Bodies exhibit because it seems strange all of a sudden that they don't offer it...the lady on the phone says that they do....OK, I am getting really tired of these people at this point. The lady her name is Lyndsey says she will investigate.
She calls the manager of the Ticket booth in Vegas..apparently they had tickets because they buy them from the attractions at a discount so they can offer them to pass buyers..right...well theirs had expired and they would not be getting any until the day we were leaving..so they basically lied to us and didn't tell us the full story?? I think, I am an understanding person until you lie to me!
SO basically we got the passes to the variety show and we just have to mail in the tickets stubs from the bodies exhibit that we had to pay for out of our pockets and they will issue us a refund for our inconvenience. So we got an extra attraction.


What a hassle this pass was but I have to say all in all it was worth it all because of our grand canyon experience. We did not have one problem on the tour they swiped our card and we got the best bus driver in town I think..not to mention we got more time at the canyon than any of the other tour buses...and I am so thankful for that.
More on that later.




We did most of our shopping on this day as well..bought all of the stuff to bring home to our family. We did the M&M tour and Show. We went to the coca-cola factory and then we even caught a movie. I can't believe we went to a movie in Vegas but Melissa's feet were to sore to keep walking about....and we were wanting to see Duplicity. I wouldn't waste my money if I were you.....It was slow going and I didn't think it was any good.

I did gamble a bit on this day..lost it all but it is Vegas..the odds are not in my favor and I kept thinking of a sentence I read in my statistics book..."There is no law of averages!"...so no matter how much money I stuck into those machines....it was never going to even out. I guess I learned something from that class!
There was no drinking on my trip....I had a bad experience a couple years back..and decided I didn't need to drink to have a good time and while in Vegas..I think it is to risky to drink anyway because you never know what kind of creep may be lurking around a corner to take advantage of a situation. SO that is my bit of paranoia coming through.

No comments: