Wednesday, April 1, 2009

VEGAS!

I went to Vegas last week. Monday through Friday. I was actually gone a week because I spent the weekend in Tri-cities with my girlfriends shopping, sewing, scrapping and talking.
We went to Carla's house on Sunday to stay the night before we caught a plane to Vegas on Monday... so we decided to get pedicures before we left since we knew we would be wearing capris and shorts. We went to this fabulous place that also gave us sugar rubs and hot waxed our feet and massaged them forever...HEAVEN!





So after we got to the airport we found out due to weather back east our flight was delayed and we would most likely be missing out connecting flight out of Utah. There was a later flight but it was over booked..so the chances of us getting on it were pretty slim. I wasn't really worried about it..I knew God would do what was best for us. There is always a reason for everything. Well we did miss our connection and then we had to be put on stand by for the following flight...the attendant calls us up and asked if 2 of us were willing to go and leave the third behind..because 2 seats had opened up. I didn't say anything..but the other girls said "no." SO we waited for a third seat to open...it came down to the last minute and the guy told us a third was available...but the third person would have to sit alone. I volunteered for that seat because Melissa needed someone to comfort her on the flight because she was scared of flying.....I am not good at that because I just read my book and what not...so anyway...that seat was *first* class I got bumped to FIRST CLASS! hahahaha! YIppeee for me! It actually wasn't a big deal....but it was fun to say that!
But I had to say ..there was this crazy ( white trash kind ) set of gals that was upset because they missed the flight as well and they wanted on our flight also but they got there after we did....and they actually asked the attendant ( who was in his 60's and looked like the nicest grandpa ever) that if they missed this flight could they sleep with him at his place??..I thought OH NO....Did I just hear that right? That is just horrible. Who actually says stuff like that?

Well those 2 women actually made the flight as well and I guess they ticked off everyone around them because when we got off of the flight I heard them and their neighboring passengers arguing..I thought to myself..WHEW! we really dodged a bullet with those ones.

Well when we got off the flight I asked the attendant if our luggage was on the flight..because the chances of that actually happening since we boarded so late was null. HE said they could be.
Carla and Melissa kept saying we shouldn't even bother going to baggage claim because it is not likely that they would be there...I told them not to doubt...I knew it would be ...God had carried us that far..what a long day of traveling..but I just knew our bags were fine...I WAS RIGHT!
You know when you go to Vegas you fantasize about winning big right?? I mean I think, I am normal that is what Vegas is about...all the glitz glamour and winning...I felt I had already hit the jackpot at that point.....ding..ding...ding.

No comments: