Tuesday, March 31, 2009

MUSTANG SALLY...er I mean MUSTANG Charisma!



Yesterday ROb and I made an appointment to see a Dodge caravan minivan...we looked at this particular car and a mustang on Sunday..decided to take the minivan for a test drive on Monday. Well I decided too...Rob thought the mustang was a better deal...car whatever..although he says he wouldn't drive the mustang since it has a V-6..what does that mean? That it doesn't have as much power...excuse me ...it is supposed to be a commuter car...I thought the minivan was a better type deal because we could always use it as a back up if the suburban breaks down..Rob has a thing about driving a minivan..who cares??? it suits our needs and has good gas mileage.
But I digress.
The people that own the minivan never showed up...but the guy selling the mustang did..after we called (within 10 minutes). So we bought it--it needs some work..we got a good deal ROb says??? It has really low mileage for a 1998...that is what Rob thinks anyway. SO I can't drive it as of now because it needs some new lights and such..Rob will be working on it within the next few days. It also needs new tires and wheels...the ones on it are a little yucky..so it will be ok during summer--but we will get new ones later on.
So Jeri is happy because in some weird dillusional way she thinks she will get to drive it in a couple years when she turns 16..I am thinking INSURANCE...um I think not.
I am still going to try to get a hold of the people with the minivan..because I am still interested in looking at that car. So we will see what happens.

**** UPDATE******

SO I went to transfer the title today.....
I think my husband was right! We paid so little for this car that now I have to prove why we paid less than half of it's market value price. I just thought we were getting a good deal because my husband is a car guy and he can fix anything for way cheaper than the average bear....Now I am wondering if we can document enough wrong with the car....we have to take it to a shop for a written estimate...Rob was right..he scored us a deal .....I will never doubt again. I wonder if they consider wheels and tires part of that?? It really has UGLY wheels on the thing!

No comments: