Thursday, September 4, 2008

My Sweet Daughter, Jeralyn


I know Jeri and I have had our struggles..trying to find a common ground with eachother and we finally got there awhile ago and with all of the suffereing she has been through it is amazing how brave and strong a person of her age can be. Thru this summer there has been a slight change...( I am sure it has been coming for quite some time..just hard for me to face) ..she has now officially grown taller than me...I keep saying I am of average height but no one in my family believes me....


Jerlayn has become obsessed with clothing ( she has been for quite some time..but it is getting worse)...she loves to make -up her little sister and all of her friends..are always painting their nails and playing dress-up. There is something more grown-up about her lately--I mean all of teh hard work and struggles it seems are paying off..she seems to be taking more responsibility for her self and telling me everything I want to hear..I so hope she follows through..so we can trust eachother. Why do we always have to struggle with our parents when we become teenagers?

My favorite thing about Jeri ia that she loves everyone..even though she has been hurt by many..she loves many more ..that is her worse and best trait...I wish I could be as loving as she.

It is so hard to let her go..I know I have to balance things and let her live..
When I see Jeri react with her friends it takes me back to a time in my life when we ran in packs and we cared so much about what other people thought about us.. Jeri is going through all of that same trauma..you don't know who you can trust...you don't value your parents thoughts and you want more freedom that you can think about.....I would never want to return to this awkward time of my life...for those reasons...but also.... I remember the carefree days of adolescence and wonder why when we are young we never truly enjoy those days. As jeri is fighting pimples (that she will only let me pop...thanks HOney...I guess that is a mom's job!), trying to battle her weight and figuring out who she is ...I wonder--when does it all stop? I am fighting all of these things along with wrinkles and gray hairs!! How come us ladies never get a break?
These are pictures in the last couple of weeks and Jeri's first day of 8th grade..before you know it she will be in high school...and I know my days are numbered...I get misty eyed thinking about letting her go and experiencing more hurt the world has to offer..I just have to hope that with God's protection and my love ..she will float through life and live life for all it's worth and not be afraid of what is coming...because I know God will use her for something powerful and I would love to see what he unfolds for her.....I love you, Jeri!

No comments: