Thursday, July 8, 2010

A few things to blog about

I need to blog some things because life gets in the way and you forget things along the way that you want to remember. I have been writing alot about Clarissa because she is young and she still does cute things ...the older kids may do funny things but not so much cute things...and teh funny things they do would not probably be things I want to remember or blog about at this age...the boys are becoming hormonal and perverted and I choose to block those out 10 seconds after they do the...it is like a parental block...self defense mechanism.

Yesterday I got home and Clearly Clarissa had a blotchy face...swollen eyes and nose...she had been crying....this is the conversation:

Me: Clarissa is something wrong?
C: No any more
me: What was wrong?>
C: I can't explain it
The whole time she won't look at me.

Me: Did someone hurt you?
C: NO
Me: Did someone say something mean to you?
C: no
Me: Hmmmmmmm Did you get frustrated
C:Yes....
Me: About what
C: A math problem I could not figure it out!

Sidenote: Clarissa has not once told us that she has reading or a summer homework packet...I knew she had it..I just didn't ask her because I see her work on her reading and homework at various times.....she likes to be in control of things and work at her own pace.....so I let her. Problem is she hates asking for help she wants to figure everything out on her own and sometimes she gets very frustrated...I don't know where she gets it from? Anyway..she is almost done with everything and she is a real self starter...I never have to make her do her responsibilities.....she does them on her own..I just LOVE that about her!


Me: Clarissa why didn't you ask for help
C: Shoulder shrug
Me: Instead of getting worked up about something you could ask anyone for help....Did you figure it out?
C: Yes I got it all done and I figured it out.
Me: Are you sure...Do you want me to look at it?
c: NO I got it done.
Me: OK Well I guess you got it!
Tehn I just had a nice talk with her about how I think she is a great child and that she is way ahead of the game by being so self sufficient but that it is ok to ask for help and that I am really proud of her for sticking to it until she was done.

Two days ago we went to wal-mart..Clarissa needed a bike tube for her tire. I bought it got home and she came in to tell me ..while holding back the choke of tears ...I could barely understand what she was saying...She kept telling me that I had got the wrong tube because her tires would not match if we used that one? I said "why" she said "because it is black!" Tears coming out "I won't have matching tires..I will have one black and one white tire." LOL...Well I explained she would still have matching tires and that the tube goes inside the white tire...Then suddenly the world was right for her..LOL. These are important things you know?

My new sewing machine is coming next week and I am super excited to start long arming ...hopefully I can get the hang of mymchine really soon.
Well I hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments: