Friday, July 16, 2010

He.




I keep thinking about BRyce. HE is going through changes....it is not easy on him or any one around him. HE and I have to navigate through our relationship frequently...just when I think I have it down it changes..I suppose that is natural.
I always thought 13 was the magical number that they {kids}(especially the boys) would not need me anymore...but it isn't true they need me more...I always have this unnatural fear that they are preparing to dump me...(self protection).....but it doesn't happen... I realize.

Bryce hugged me two times yesterday and came about to say he loved me several times. Not the teasing....I need attention way..but the genuine...."I am happy you are here" way. I appreciate that....it warms my heart and keeps me up until he changes with the hormone flow....I know it is normal but I do realize that it it something to cherish as it comes.

Bryce has a strong personality and sometimes it is hard to tell which traits he gets from which side because unfortunatly he has two parent with strong personalities...but he is figuring things out on his own turf and that is a good thing. He is a STRONG leader..when he wants to be.( he needs to rule with a Godly spirit and not and iron fist...)..but he really does have a soft sensitive side that appeals to people around him and he notices people...reads people and loves to be needed...and genuinely loves people in general (when he wants to)...but if you hurt him or someone he loves (especially his MOmma!) He will make you pay...hopefully the latter part will get better with age and experience.

Bryce wants to be a lawyer or a special needs teacher.....I think that fits the spectrum that is BRYCE...he is a puzzle that is complex but simple in some ways and he is a good boy who loves his MOmma and I am extremely proud of him.

This is the summer before his 8th grade year and it is sad that I can count on one hand how many summers I have left before he leaves for college on whatever path he will lead and I need to push those thoughts out and think about everything I need o teach him before my summers end and hope that I got it all in.
This summer he was a camp counselor at OMNY.....he started sewing a quilt(picture above)...his Best friend moved back home. He played in Hoopfest. cared for his sister. bought a turtle. hugged his mom.

1 comment:

Courtneyscrapper said...

I always love your posts! Bryce is such a good kid!