Tuesday, July 13, 2010

School clothes shopping

Well this year is a bit strained to say the least...you try not to rely on certain things but as time passes you realize you have.
Usually I buy all year round hitting the all the sales and stocking up for when my kids go to school...that way football fees....school supplies and odd and end things don't ruin your complete budget....and I still never have enough for school pictures..we have not bought school pictures since all the kids have been in school ..even before that I think..it is so expensive..and I always tell myself I will just take pictures of them....and I never do...we also have not had family pictures since Clarissa was 18 months old?? She is 7 now....that needs to be a priority..well this year I think I have been neglecting alot of things because I am working. I have not been shopping.....I would go to Wenatchee several times a week for school..but I wanted to get there and back..not look for kids clothes...so I have no stock pile.
Last year Bryce was entering 7th grade and clothes seemed to be a big deal to him..everyhing had to be name brand and I did buy him all the best brands..it still was not good enough so this year I talked to all of them and explained that I have to buy clothes for 6 kids ( usually only 4....but Trina does not have a job so I am thinking she can't afford it this year..time will tell) and that they each will get 100$ I know 100$ does not go far.....but between 6 kids and then school supplies..well we are looking at around 800$ and I have no idea where I am getting football money?
I don't really stress about these things...it is only money....and I think it is good for my kids to have to make sacrifices...they need to learn and it all actuality they have risen to the challenge.
We went to Tri-state outfitters last night..The Horton boys all got NIKE shoes and all together they spent 75$ with tax for three pairs of shoes! YAY!
They bought their jeans at Wal-mart....they never would have done that last year....but they are counting pennies....since they are on a budget.....now we just need shirts...socks and underwear.

Things always have a habit of working themselves out and God provides..so not worried but want my kids to learn valuable lessons.....so in these times...they get it and I am preparing them for life...which always makes me feel good.

We went to Silverwood last weekend..had a great time..weather was perfect and we got to do everything per usualy because I am the fun Nazi! At one point I stopped to smell the flowers ..Clarissa loks at me and with serious hand gestures says "MOM..FOCUS!" "We are here to FOCUS on the FUN...NOT the flowers!" Well OK then..I am focusing! Sheesh..I have no idea where she gets these things.

They have a new dunk tank now and it takes volunteers and then people pay to dunk them...everyone was discussing who would go in the tank....Bryce said he would so I paid 5$ for that....he was complaining all day....harassing people all day in his usual fashion so I thought I would give the other kids a chance to dunk him..LOL.They did! Funny thing is they had another kid in the tank heckling the crowd and no one would pay but as soon as little Bryce got in teh tank people were coming from out of the woodwork to dunk him....they must have recognized his voice in the park complaining about everything..LOL....Preston also got dunked..and Jeri.

On Sunday we stayed in town with our friends the Steppe's.. Mary made us all a big breakfast and then we played cards for a bit until lunch.We had lunch with Rob's Parents and then we all went back for fun. All of us girls went for pedicures while the boys went to play mini golf...what a great weekend..but always makes me homesick for my friends.

LAst night was a good night as we took the dogs for a walk...did a bit of school shopping and spent time together as a family. I hope you all have a great week and get plugged in with your families.

No comments: