Monday, June 25, 2007

Hi

Hi everyone,
Well we are still in Spokane we have had a great time! We came over Friday night and stayed with my Aunt--then we got up Saturday morning went out for breakfast then off to silverwood--we spent the whole day there riding rides,swimming and just having a great time! then after Silverwood, we drove to Bonner's Ferry , Id to see Great Grandma Shirley b/c Saturday was her birthday, so when we got to her house at about tenish--we all lined up and sang " Happy Birthday", She loved it! She is the sweetest person you could ever meet , and I just love going to her house b/c she tells us off all her stories when she was young and when she was raising a family and she is just sharp as a tack and when she was raising a family she certainly had struggles and she made it through happy and strong and just very loving ! I hope that when I am as old as she I will always think of this season of my life the way that she does and also have a strong faith, as she does.
Then Sunday we left Bonner's Ferry and drove back to Spokane,Wa to get to my family picnic just at the right time. I have an aunt here from Minnesota and I have 2 cousins that are due to have babies any day and they are so cute! So I am sure the next time we get together my family will have expanded quite a bit! One of my cousins is also due to be home soon and he will be here for a very short time before he will be stationed in Iraq. So Everyone Please pray for him as he has a new budding family and he is very brave and we love him so much! ( please also pray for my aunt as I am sure it is very unsettling to see your son off to teh war--I can't imagine!) The family picnic was nice and fun and it is nice to see we can all start gathering together through all of our tremendous communication issues and hurt feelings.
We decided after the picnic we would take our kids out for some more fun b/c as a family we have been focusing on getting our house ready to sell--we haven't had an FUN for awhile--so we went to Wonderland. Jeri stayed with Aunt Kristie b/c her favorite show was coming on --and she didn't want to miss it--this is a problem----a TV show comes before fun??? I just let her, it was her choice to miss out. Wonderland was so much fun--we played mini-golf, go-carts and then games--it was much needed fun time! The kids couldn't thank us enough on the way home! I felt sort of bad that we haven't been able to do anything with them--but money is tight and we have so many things going on--I kind of lost sight of it --I guess! So we stayed the night at my Aunt's house again --and now it is Monday and we are going to take Rob to the dentist and do some light shopping and head back home--so we can start working all over again tomorrow!

No comments: